TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free

I will soon change the title of this to crop/&*%$#* weather report!

Here goes. We got out on the fields seeding last fri (shoulda been thurs but a mechanical prob stopped us, very frustrating). We only had the majority of a couple fields dry enough (still had to leave areas), got most of it in fri 20th, rained sat and sun. We just got dry enough to finish those fields and do one more small one today. Forecast is 4 DAYS OF RAIN starting tommorow! Heard early in the week that MB is 15 % planted which is a about where we are. We have only got on fields that had alfalfa in the past 3 yrs, which improves vertical drainage. Most of my neighbours have zero crop in. On the grain market report, the guy said that canola's move to the upside was tempered by the feeling that the canola crop in the eastern Prairies was 75% in and the other 25 would get in.

I think they have that wrong. Every report I have from the south and west is very little if any planting has been done. Heck, I bet canola acres account for over 15% of MB acres... if everyone has planted nothing but canola, maybe we are at 75%. I am sure more acres of canola is in than others, as it can be broadcast on the fields and harrowed in (the way I have my canola in so far) making it one crop that is more likely to go in to wet fields. I am guessing wheat acres will take a big hit as when guys have the chance to put in cereals, they may throw in barley, a shorter season crop. Wheat futures took a big jump today.

Anyhow, tough to be optimistic as the fields are so saturated, and 4 days of rain will make sure that is the case a week from now. But, as you eluded to, Better what we have than having what Joplin or Slave Lake has. Or the cattlemen around Lake MB who are trying to herd cattle out of flooded pastures with limited dry ground to take them to.

No matter hows bads you gots it, someones always gots it worser.

New Message
Please login to post a reply