Welcome To The Ram Power Corp HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

It is good to be here and I"m looking forward to a great hub of fellow investors.

D

http://www.gold-speculator.com/editors-picks/33181-interview-rick-rule-oil-gas-vs-green-energy.html

Talks about Geothermal about 55% down the page. Worth the read..

From the end of his interview.....

Rick Rule: There are 5, soon to be 4, entrants on the junior side in North American geothermal stocks: Ram Power Corp, which is a leader; and Magma Energy, which is also a leader based on the extraordinary career of its founder and chief executive, Ross Beaty; and there are three smaller junior geothermal companies, Sierra Geothermal Power, US Geothermal and Nevada Geothermal Power. The smaller companies are really a paradox because they are all selling at substantial discounts to the value of their assets but they are arguably too small to exist as public companies. It’s difficult for some of the smaller companies to attract institutional capital because of the relative lack of experience in geothermal of their management teams and the bulk of their assets are so small that attracting capital dilutes shareholders at the same time that they’re selling at large discounts, so the risk adjusted net present value of their assets is unattractive. Sierra Geothermal, I think, has made the right decision to amalgamate with Ram Power because Ram’s management team has the skill set to attract institutional capital. I suspect that both US Geothermal and Nevada Geothermal will be taken over either by Magma or Ram or by one of the big US coal-fired electric utilities, such as AES, Southern Company or Duke Energy. The utilities have been circling the geothermal space long enough that they are going to get into the act. I think the theme was set when Canadian Hydro was taken over by TransAlta.

New Message
Please login to post a reply