...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free

Just a couple random thoughts on this wonderful Sunday evening.  

I don't think I'm alone in wondering about those who declare themselves to be shareholders, yet seem to almost go out of their way to accentuate the negatives, and in fairness its often very easy to find negatives.  

Then on Facebook I joined a group of Maple Leaf fans following the series with the Caps.  And yet, despite the Leafs qualifying for the playoffs for the first time since the strike shortened 2013 play downs and before that it was 2004. Despite their success with an incredibly young team, in this forum there are posters who, while avowing themselves to be Leafs fans through and through, bleeding blue....there are some who seem to almost rejoice in pointing out any mistake, any breakdown, any lapse. 

Now make no mistake, it has been 50 years since the Buds last hoisted Lord Stanley's mug, and those past 50 years are littered with long stretches of futility.....none more horrendous than the last 13 year stretch.  

But in the here and now the future looks bright, with the youngest team in the league and a some budding stars they've gone toe to toe with the best team in the league, that's worth celebrating.  But some seemingly can't.....all they can focus on is failure, failure to advance, failure to win the ultimate prize.  

Does this sound familiar?

Resverlogix of course was a high flying stock about 10 years back....north of $20, and we all know where it is now.  Yes its worth a lot more now than it was as recently as the summer of 2016, and tons more than it was worth as recently as the start of 2015....and then of course we all know about the collapse to 20 odd pennies in the summer of 2013.  

With the Leafs and these sourpuss cynics I put it down to one thing...."Old Habits Die Hard".  For the better part of 50 years they have grown accustomed to disappointment and failure, and now its like they almost expect it.  

And I think the same dynamic is affecting some of our posters here......like those who can't seem to break the habit of trashing the Buds despite the fact that in the here and now the future looks bright....great coach, great young talent, management that seems bent on building a winner.  Resverlogix is in phase III, with three positive reccomendations from the DSMB, 3rd parties researching other potential indications...

But the cynics can't forget that RVX once traded for $20+.....and so unless it gets back there, its a failure.  Even if a buyout is announced at $5 or ever $10....I bet the complaining would continue.

New Message
Please login to post a reply