...We Welcome You To The Resverlogix HUB withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Free
AGORACOM NEWS FLASH

Dear Agoracom Family,

I want to thank all of you for your patience with us over the past 48 hours and apologize for what was admittedly a botched launch of our new site.

As you can see, we have reverted back to the previous version of the site while we address multiple forum functionality flaws that inexplicably made their way into the launch.

To this end:

1.We have identified 8 fundamental but easily fixable flaws that will be corrected in the coming week, so that you can continue to use the forums exactly as you've been accustomed to.

2.Additionally we will also be implementing a couple of design improvements to "tighten up" the look and feel of the forums.

Sincerely,

George et al

Chicagoest,

A stock split of any kind does nothing really although I believe there are some minor benefits.  

However, in terms of raising capital stock splits and or reverse do not.  It's just simple math.  Neither has anything to do with raising capital.  

Example:  

100 shares at $10 per share. Market Cap = 100 x $10 = $1,000

A 2:1 stock split results in 200 shares at $5 per share. Market Cap = 200 x $5 per share = $1,000.  Same.  

A reverse 2:1 stock split is the following:

100 shares at $10 per share becomes 50 shares @ $ 20 per share   Market Cap = 50 x $20 = $1,000.  Once again the same.  

So neither of these scenarios raises any capital.  To raise capital you must sell new incremental shares to the market which is dilutive if you're using equity as opposed to debt.  I'm sure Koo can better explain.  

Bottom line is that stock splits and or reverse splits are neutral in every aspect including "not" raising new capital.  

So why bother doing stock splits?  For most normal splits, it's basically viewed bullish (why I don't really understand) because the dollar split adjusted new lower stock price become a more "financially affordable" however that's not really true and nowadays you can buy partial shares so it's kind of a silly concept.   

Now when a stock is as low as RVX is, there are minimum price limits to trade on certain exchanges.   It's like a $1 or $2 minimum price or something like that.  

There is a timeline associated with how long it can be below the threshold and maybe all of this has changed cuz we have been a Penny stock for a very long time now.  

Hope this helps,

10BagR

New Message
Please login to post a reply