Welcome to the Shear Minerals Discussion Forum on AGORACOM

A Canadian-based exploration company focused on diamond exploration in the Canadian North

Free
AGORACOM NEWS FLASH

Dear Agoracom Family,

I want to thank all of you for your patience with us over the past 48 hours and apologize for what was admittedly a botched launch of our new site.

As you can see, we have reverted back to the previous version of the site while we address multiple forum functionality flaws that inexplicably made their way into the launch.

To this end:

1.We have identified 8 fundamental but easily fixable flaws that will be corrected in the coming week, so that you can continue to use the forums exactly as you've been accustomed to.

2.Additionally we will also be implementing a couple of design improvements to "tighten up" the look and feel of the forums.

Have a great Sunday, especially those of you like me that are celebrating Orthodox Easter ... As well as those of you who are also like me and mourning another Maple Leafs Game 7 exit ... Ugggh!

Sincerely,

George et al

Northern Persistence
Challenges Notwithstanding, Nunavut Explorers Persevere
By Greg Klein

See Part I of this story.

Nunavut’s mining future might have seemed grim indeed when Agnico-Eagle TSX:AEM applied a $644.9-million write-down to Meadowbank, the territory’s sole operating mine. Newmont’s TSX:NEM $1.61-billion write-down of its Hope Bay Gold Project would seem to validate pessimism. Yet Nunavut mining has flourished in the past, and rising commodity prices have brought renewed interest in past-producing operations. Meanwhile, a new strategic alliance offers hope for largely unexplored lands.

Undeterred by its Meadowbank disappointment, Agnico is pushing its Meliadine Gold Project towards 2017 production. But if Elgin Mining TSXV:ELG keeps to its timeline, it will re-open the Lupin Gold Mine by Spring 2014. Located 400 kilometres north of Yellowknife, the mine was shut down by Kinross TSX:K in 2005 after producing 3.34 million ounces. Production, however, was sporadic. The mine was opened October 1982, shut down January 1998, re-opened April 2000, shut down again August 2003, re-opened March 2004 and shut down yet again in February 2005.

Read the rest of this article.

New Message
Please login to post a reply