Free

Cross licensing

posted on Oct 16, 2008 04:22AM

I know there has been discussion of this and in the normal cross licensing context this probably doesn't fit the mold.

Knowing LG is the large consumer electronics firm that we've settled with, it makes some sense that the cross licensing agreement we've agreed to has to do with licensing the eVu player design. In addition to the actual design we have established licensing agreements with DIVX and several studios. In many respects this makes more sense to me that cross licensing one of LG's patents. I'm not sure what, if any, LG has for patents that we would be interested in licensing. I can easily understand the motivation for LG to license our eVu player design. The notion of opening up additional markets and the fact that we are already proceeding with that part of the business plan just weeks after announcing a settlement, makes me wonder if LG may be playing a role and that that prospect could have been a factor in the settlement. If in fact this is what has happened the result could be huge for eDigital.

I'm stretching my memory a bit but I believe we once upon a time had business dealings with LG but they never came to fruition. It was at a point when we were working with Maycom trying to diversify our manufacturing. Does anyone else recall this?

Larry

New Message
Please login to post a reply