Free
Message: Re: Complete retainer agreement between e.DIGITAL & HANDAL & ASSOC - Letgojoe

Excellent observation, LGJ

I made an early post IPO investment in the company Tessera (TSRA) a technology licensing company in Silicon Valley. The company redefined, fundamentally, IC packaging technology in the early 1990s. The licensing fees were not large but the royalty stream for just a few basic patents turned them into a very successful tech licensing company. Perhaps 80-90% of ICs use their patented technology but they had to fight many of legal battles to get infringing companies (TI, AMKOR,Samsung and other household name companies) to pay up.

There are many fewer IC and IC packaging foundries than there are IoT players. If EDIG gets some wins under its belt, the company could enjoy a similar path way to even greater success but they do need to continue to innovate to prove they are a legitamte long haul player.

Might be a few more years before those roylties start to turn into devidends but if/when they do, this could prove to have been one of my better long haul investments, many times better than TSRA (and that one worked out very well for me).

GLTA

New Message
Please login to post a reply