Free
Message: Pacer: e.Digital Corporation v. Associates, Inc. (new case)

letgojoe,  I am glad that you pointed out the differences that this suit brings to the front!

For whatever reason, I had it in the back of my mind that most of what Edig was up to with regard to water leak detection was to do with residential .? Large amount but small $ individually ( IMO )...

When a person stops and thinks of the scope of undustrial, city , county , state , federal uses, it can be massive!!!

I should know as I worked for a mid sized city in plumbing, pools, irrigation for many years.  I dealt with large golf courses , many 50 to 100 acre parks , city sized pools ,green spaces street islands etc.

Here is a prime example of what this could do:

We had a crew that turned on and off metered irrigation systems throughout the city. This one area had ( 13 ) individual meters spread out over a 10 block ffreeway area.

The smallest of the 13 only had approx. 100 irrigation heads total and 2 - 3 valves.

The person responsible for this section ( for a minium of  2 years ) did a bad job during turn on...

He left a 3/4" drain valve partly open  and never checked the meter to make sure that it shutdown...  The water drained into fractured basalt rock    never to be seen again

I know, I know, city worker!!!   Butt the point here is that we only had a notice from the city water dept. of an unusually high water bill for this meter after the second year... I know...

It cost our dept. 5400  the 1st year  and another 5600 the second year. 

The water loss , I can't remember any more what it was exactly, was in the millions of gallons!

This was figured out on an approx. 110 - 120 watering season.

Any guess what a city sized water leak detection program would look like?  Many depts.  city mandates ... Only hold back would be cost .

imo vic

+

New Message
Please login to post a reply