Free
Mar 18, 2017 11:16AM
Mar 18, 2017 11:27AM
Mar 18, 2017 11:32AM
Mar 18, 2017 12:39PM
Mar 18, 2017 01:22PM

I'd say we had two very significant events this week.

On the Ides of March (3/15/17) you advised that the '405 was approved the day before.  Amazingly, this received very little attention here.  I believe it deserved a great deal of attention, because I believe that the "Sensors Patent" is very broad in scope and could thus capture a great deal of interest in a market which is well known to be developing.  Need I say more?

Instead of discussing this, discussion focused the possibility of the sell of the company in its entirety.  This was based on the credentials of one of the new BoD members.  All I can say is that IMHO this is not likely, for one simple reason: why would some entity want to buy the whole if they are only really interested in a part?  In other words, again IMHO, I strongly suspect that any "buy out" would be the sale of exclusive rights (and assignment of) the truly desired patent(s).  If, by some chance, some entity were truly interested in everything EDIG has to offer, I would still contend that the actual sale would be for the exclusive rights to the patents, not the company.  Same difference, but this would be the more logical/simplified approach from a practical business perspective.  Why be saddled with all of EDIG's internal BS as it closes its doors?  And perhaps EDIG could live on, using some of the revenues for IR&D and potential new patents.

Now, as of St. Patrick's Day, it appears we have a settlement and new licensing agreement with ISmart.  Great news!

I got back in recently, having heard through the grapevine that it appeared that the Sensors Patent was about to be approved (and was somewhat "fast-tracked" at EDIG's end).  So far, I'm very happy to be back, with all the old familiar faces!

Good luck to all!

SGE1 (coming up on 20 years of watching this thing!)

Mar 18, 2017 01:59PM
Mar 18, 2017 02:39PM
Mar 18, 2017 08:24PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply