In Chapter 7 BK

Free

Hi Carol,

Sorry I don't know too much about the BK laws and what I know is from researching FG. But I have read a majority of the docs and I have seen 3 references to the payment of FG employees due back pay. I am writing these from memory so excuse if a little inaccurate.

1) The creditors registry states there is over 600k due to in back pay. Almost half is claimed by Terry Lynch.

2) In one of the transcripts the judge discussed the payment of one FG employee. The employee was a miner who didn't receive his overtime. He was able to get a docket and a motion. Once the judge heard his dispute the judge declared it an "adminstrative claim" and there is no "super priority" of this claim so it will be paid when the other adminstrative claims are paid and "I am not sure if this case is administratively solvent. In fact I tend to think its not".

3)As well in the transcript when FGs lawyer proposed a reorg using the NOL's this was stated by the lawyer:

MR. HARRIS:

"Right. And then we’ll have some

infusion of monies so we can -- you know, the goal is to pay

the employee wage claims, to issue stock to the other accounts

payable creditors, and to have something in it for shareholders

if the code allows for it."

This reorg has not occurred and only has a chance after Platinum buys the mine officially.

As for the 1 million in cash from the sell of FG assets deemed not critical, it seems to be going to the lawyers and keeping the mine in "stasis". As for the 5 million in the insurance policy? Also to lawyers and likely Platinum if they win the civil case.

-Y

New Message
Please login to post a reply