Welcome To the WIN!!! St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM

Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Free

I am of the opinion that since the small drills didn't hit the primary targets with grades that most of us were hoping for and it is costly to keep drilling further surface targets that might not be productive. There are a lot of samples from the trenching yet to be analyzed, and we already know the 50+ visible surface veins and underground workings are high grade. Whether the trenching will return enough value to make an open pit mine is speculative at this point, so I agree with putting that part of the plan on hold - I don't see much point in spending money on any further shallow drilling.

The big question concerns the big anomaly; when the deep drill moves in and after the drilling and analysis is completed, the intercepts will show either a conglomeration of veins that are close enough together throughout the whole system or just in the red portion. This will determine the value. Even the red portion with chargeability values of 18 is very large in itself, and the chargeability values of 16 in the pink portion is not that different. The deepest drilling in the first announcement leads me to guess it touched the anomaly but we don't know the positions of any of the drills. If a complete picture of all the drilling did show that there was a shallow poke into the anomaly, it would be nice to know and would certainly bounce up the sp. if this guess was correct. It would be nice to know the whole picture at this time. Good grades in the upper part would indicate the chances that grades would be more likely to improve with depth rather that the inverse. That has been stated before and is a fair statement repeated here by a non-geologist.

New Message
Please login to post a reply