El Colomo is a highly prospective property with district-scale gold-silver potential. High-grade and bulk tonnage targets have already been identified through prior exploration and there are strong indications of continuity between La Higuerita, La Nueva Victoria and Las Minitas (at least 2 km in strike length). Gainey has engaged Minera Cascabel, led by renowned geologist Peter Megaw, to run the exploration work at El Colomo.
- 18,766 hectares (46,372 acres) of contiguous Mineral Concession, including El Colomo Dome
- High–Grade target potential exemplified by La Nueva Victoria vein. Historic drilling of this vein system included an intercept of 7.5 mts @ 13.64 g/t Au & 899 g/t Ag (31.6 g/t AuEq). Note that the historic drilling, sampling and data management was not supervised by a Qualified Person and must be considered non-NI 43-101-compliant. *Source: Valles Mendoza, Golden Anvil Internal Company Report, 2009
- Intrusive-hosted bulk–tonnage target potential exemplified by the intrusive-hosted La Higuerita zone. The average grade of the surface of an exposure of mineralized felsic intrusion at La Higuerita was calculated by previous owner Golden Anvil using the kriging method on results from 69 trench and surface samples representing an area 1000 m long X 80 m wide as follows: 0.93 g/t Au, 22 g/t Ag (1.37 g/t Au-Eq)**. The sampling, data management and grade calculation were not designed nor supervised by a Qualified Person and are not NI 43-101 compliant. The calculation should not be relied upon but is discussed here to illustrate the geologic potential for bulk-tonnage targets on the property. Note that this mineralized zone is open along strike and at depth. **Source: Bravo-Nieto, Golden Anvil Internal Company Report, 1997
- 97% of this 192 sq km property has not been explored using modern concepts & technology. All 20 mineralized zones identified to date are in the central portion of the property, within a 1.5 km radius (3% of property). Remainder of the property has similar geology, alteration and geochemistry, suggesting the potential for a very large, gold-rich mining district
- El Colomo Dome has geological similarities with domes in nearby productive mineral districts in the State of Durango, such as Bacis, Tayolita-San Dimas and Pueblo Nuevo
Last changed at 14-Aug-2019 11:26PM by