BC, Horn River Basin - NWT, Mackenzie River Valley - New Mexico
Development of onshore Oil, Gas and CO2 properties within North America.
Kodiak Energy Inc. is a publicly traded junior oil and gas exploration and development company with head office in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our shares trade on the Toronto Venture Exchange, Over the Counter Bulletin Board, and Frankfurt.
We are a multi-project company with a substantial land position of over 340,000 gross acres leased for exploration and development in multiple jurisdictions and work environments.
Our focus is on the development of onshore oil, gas and CO2 properties within North America. Financing activities are project based, within stages of each project, to minimize dilution for shareholders.
Our high impact prospects are the "Lucy" prospect in British Columbia, "Little Chicago - EL 413" prospect in the Northwest Territories, and the Tucumcari Basin area in northeastern New Mexico.
Lucy - is a Horn River Basin natural gas play in Muskwa shale and is compared to the Barnett Shale in Texas and Oklahoma. Kodiak is operator and has an 80% working interest in 1,920 acres gross in 3 sections. To date, the Company has drilled 2 wells and will proceed with further exploration pending the approved extension of the mineral license by the British Columbia regulatory bodies.
- Drilled 2 wells - further exploration pending
- Close to existing pipeline, infrastructure, and all weather roads in the area (additional site work required for year round access)
- A thick pay zone of approximately 60 meters
- Total organic compounds values from average of 3.1% to above average at 5.9%
- The current plans are to test and frac for winter of 2008/2009 with anticipated upside within 18 months.
2. Little Chicago - EL 413 - is located in the central Mackenzie River Valley of the Northwest Territories(Grandview Hills), and presents multi-formation targets for light and medium oil plus natural gas prospects. Gross 201,160 acre Exploration License Territories
- Kodiak has acquired 50% working interest via the Thunder River Acquisition
- Kodiak is the operator for this project and is the largest working interest partner in the property going forward
3. Tucumcari Basin - Northeast New Mexico - is primarily a CO2 prospect to meet the growing industry demand for enhanced oil recovery in the area.