Driven By Exploration
Aggressively exploring for uranium, copper, zinc & gold in Canada & Turkey
Nuinsco Resources Limited, Toronto, Ontario, TSX : NWI, is a growth-oriented, multi-commodity mineral exploration and development company that is prepared for production and focused on growth.
Driven By Exploration, aggressively exploring for uranium, copper, zinc and gold in Canada and Turkey
Nuinsco’s Strategy for Growth
- Create pure-play resource companies to develop and bring into production existing projects in the pipeline;
- Acquire and develop advanced projects with near-term production and cash flow potential; and,
- Identify technically superior exploration projects in solid regions, regardless of commodity.
- Discover a uranium “Super Deposit” at Diabase through aggressive exploration
- Develop a plan to rationalize the significant mineral endowment at Prairie Lake
- Accelerate Turkey exploration programs
- Acquire additional projects – uranium, Turkey, other
- Achieve commercial production at Corner Bay
- Assist Campbell Resources to build on its existing asset base
- Acquire undervalued assets
- Complete the spin-out of NWI’s gold assets
- Consider and, if appropriate, create another pure-play company
- Quality properties in world-class mineralized belts
- Exposure to a variety of commodities
- An experienced and active board of directors
- Strong financial, exploration, development and operating management expertise.
- Low political risk.
- Acquire and develop advanced projects with near-term production and cash flow potential;
- Develop and bring to production existing projects in the pipeline; and,
- Identify quality exploration projects in stable regions, regardless of commodity.
- Under an agreement with Campbell, Nuinsco has a 50% interest in future cash flow from Campbell’s Corner Bay copper deposit.
Diabase Peninsula Property, Saskatchewan:
Nuinsco’s Diabase Peninsula uranium project is located 150 kilometres northwest of La Ronge, Saskatchewan on the Athabasca Basin, the region that hosts the world’s largest and richest uranium mines.
The 21,900-hectare property is a joint venture with Trend Mining Company of Denver. Nuinsco has completed two drill programs that returned uranium values as well as key indicator minerals associated with uranium deposits in the Basin which, combined with past drilling and other studies, points toward the local presence of unconformity style mineralization.
Based on these results, Nuinsco has been named as a leader in the race to find the next uranium “Super Deposit” in the Athabasca Basin at Diabase.
Prairie Lake Property, Ontario: Nuinsco is preparing to drill at Prairie Lake, located near Marathon, Ont., which hosts a near-surface historic (non-NI-43-101-compliant) uranium resource of over 180,000 tonnes grading 0.09% U3O8 (and 0.25% niobium) identified in exploration dating from the mid-1960s. This resource has a significant value at current uranium prices and an initial 2,000 metres of drilling is planned on this large carbonatite intrusion to follow up on values from recent surface sampling of up to 0.08% U308 (1.656 lb/tonne).
Copper-Gold - Berta Property, Turkey: Nuinsco is a 50% partner with Xstrata Copper in the Berta copper porphyry project in northeastern Turkey. Situated within the prolific Pontide Mountains Metallogenic Belt, the three licences encompass about 6,000 hectares. Widespread anomalous copper mineralization has been discovered from soil and rock sampling, including over 450 parts per million (ppm) copper. Many samples exceeded 1,000 ppm copper. In addition, good gold values have been found, with numerous values greater than 1.0 g/t, and ranging up to 12.8 g/t.
Copper-Zinc - Elmalaan Property, Turkey: Nuinsco has the option to acquire, from Xstrata, a 100% interest in the Elmalaan copper-zinc property. The 947-hectare property is located 6 km south of the Black Sea coast and is easily accessible year-round. Previous work identified massive sulphides in outcrop and locally-derived boulders that graded up to 30.38% copper and 56.30% zinc and recent drilling intersected both massive and stringer sulphide mineralization grading up to .
Cameron Lake Project, Ontario: Located near Kenora in northwestern Ontario, Cameron Lake hosts a NI 43-101-compliant M&I gold resource of 572,000 tonnes grading 6.51 g/t and an inferred resource of 1,012,000 tonnes grading 5.22 g/t. Approximately $24 million was spent in the 1980s by a former partner of Nuinsco to develop the mine to the 865 foot level, and drilling has demonstrated that gold mineralization extends to greater than 700 metres. Nuinsco is currently in the process of obtaining dewatering permits. Following dewatering, Nuinsco intends to do further drilling underground in 2007.
Nuinsco recently spun off its Minago, Mel and Lac Rocher nickel projects along with approximately $12 million in cash to create Victory Nickel Inc. (TSX:Ni). Nuinsco holds an approximate 23% equity interest in Victory Nickel, which has over 660 million pounds of in-situ nickel in NI43-101 resources. http://agoracom.com/ir/Victory
Mel Project, Manitoba: The Mel Project is located in northern Manitoba, 25 kms north of Thompson. Victory Nickel is earning 100% from Inco/CVRD. The Mel resource was recently increased by 79% and the grade by 14%, to 4.3 million tonnes of indicated resources grading 0.875% nickel between of 46 and 183 m, and Mel offers both near-term production potential and exploration upside.
Lac Rocher Project, Quebec: Located in northwestern Quebec, 140 km northeast of Matagami, the high-grade Lac Rocher project has M&I resources totaling 1,190,288 tonnes grading 0.91% nickel, at a 0.5% nickel cutoff, for approximately 25 million lb of in-situ nickel located between surface and 125 vertical metres. Mineralization is open to the SW, and Victory Nickel is currently evaluating near-term production potential from the property.