Developing the Albany Graphite Deposit
Hydrothermal Graphite Deposit with the Potential to Produce Natural, High-Purity Graphite
ZEN Graphene Solutions
ZEN Graphene Solutions Ltd. (TSXV: ZEN) aims to lead the world in graphene material research and production. Uniquely positioned to act as both supplier of industrial quantities and research partners developing new applications for graphene development.
- Signed Three Year Graphene Research Agreement with University of British Columbia
- Signed Agreement on Novel, Low Cost, High-Yield Graphene Production Process
- Awarded $1,000,000 Grant for Graphene-Infused Concrete Applications Research
- Commenced of Environmental Baseline Studies on Albany Graphite Project
- Signed MOU with The University of Manchester on Graphene Development and Commercialization Collaboration Opportunities
Five Significant Potential Market Verticals Established:
- Water Treatment
- Civil engineering
- Graphene light-weighting, hydrogen applications, lightning strike protection, composite enhancement, solid state heat sinks, solid state wiring, leading-edge/wing de-icing, ceramic armour, radar/sonar absorption, technical/smart fabrics, personal body armour, graphene oxide (GO) in jet fuel and lighter cargo containers.
- Oncology treatment using graphene quantum dots (GQD) to deliver targeted therapies;
- Diabetes, other standard diagnostic testing with functionalized GO sensors.
- Graphene-based desalination membranes and other water purification products.
- Applications with auto makers and resin manufacturers for: heat sinks and lightweighting, graphene wires for electric motors, graphene 3-D printing apps to deliver weight savings, (GO) fuel additives (diesel and jet fuel), hydrogen economy: fuel cells, electrolysis units, next-generation fuel cells with graphene 3-D printed circuits and graphene plates.
- Graphene additive in cement/concrete;
- Graphene in roads/surfacing products.
Albany Graphite Deposit:
- ZEN Graphene Solutions has discovered the largest and very rare ultra high-purity
graphite deposit in Northern Ontario called the Albany Graphite Deposit.
- Albany contains the largest and only high purity hydrothermal (volcanic in nature)
graphite mineralization being developed in the world.
- High purity graphite is gaining prominence at a time when Zen discovered a very rare
hydrothermal graphite deposit, which can be upgraded with very good crystallinity without the
use of aggressive acids and high temperature thermal treatment.
- Zen has discovered an easy and environmentally friendly process that consist of grinding, floating and caustic treatment using sodium hydroxide.
- The company has been able to achieve an ‘extraordinary’ carbon purity result of >99.9 percent in bench-scale tests, using this proprietary and environmentally safe method of purification