Developing the Albany Graphite Deposit
Hydrothermal Graphite Deposit with the Potential to Produce Natural, High-Purity Graphite
ZEN Graphene Solutions
Five Significant Potential Market Verticals Established:
- Water Treatment
- Civil engineering
- Graphene light-weighting, hydrogen applications, lightning strike protection, composite enhancement, solid state heat sinks, solid state wiring, leading-edge/wing de-icing, ceramic armour, radar/sonar absorption, technical/smart fabrics, personal body armour, graphene oxide (GO) in jet fuel and lighter cargo containers.
- Oncology treatment using graphene quantum dots (GQD) to deliver targeted therapies;
- Diabetes, other standard diagnostic testing with functionalized GO sensors.
- Graphene-based desalination membranes and other water purification products.
- Applications with auto makers and resin manufacturers for: heat sinks and lightweighting, graphene wires for electric motors, graphene 3-D printing apps to deliver weight savings, (GO) fuel additives (diesel and jet fuel), hydrogen economy: fuel cells, electrolysis units, next-generation fuel cells with graphene 3-D printed circuits and graphene plates.
- Graphene additive in cement/concrete;
- Graphene in roads/surfacing products.
Albany Graphite Deposit
- ZEN Graphene Solutions has discovered the largest and very rare ultra high-purity
graphite deposit in Northern Ontario called the Albany Graphite Deposit.
- Albany contains the largest and only high purity hydrothermal (volcanic in nature)
graphite mineralization being developed in the world.
- High purity graphite is gaining prominence at a time when Zen discovered a very rare
hydrothermal graphite deposit, which can be upgraded with very good crystallinity without the
use of aggressive acids and high temperature thermal treatment.
- Zen has discovered an easy and environmentally friendly process that consist of grinding, floating and caustic treatment using sodium hydroxide.
- The company has been able to achieve an ‘extraordinary’ carbon purity result of >99.9 percent in bench-scale tests, using this proprietary and environmentally safe method of purification