Western Potash Corporation
Acquisition, evaluation and exploration of potash mineral properties in Western Canada.
Business of Western Potash Corp.
Western Potash Corp. Vancouver, BC, TSX.V: WPX,
is a junior mining company engaged in the acquisition, evaluation and exploration of potash mineral properties in Western Canada. The Company's objectives are to define and develop a world-class potash deposit while providing its shareholders with a unique opportunity to participate in the blue-chip dominated potash mining industry.
The Company plans to carry out an aggressive drill and seismic program on its Manitoba properties leading to the delineation of an NI 43-101 resource by 2nd Quarter of 2009.
The Company has acquired 2 potash exploration permits in Southwest Manitoba located along the Saskatchewan border. The property covers 545 km² and adjoins two potash deposits that are estimated to host over 1 billion tonnes of potash. In addition, recent 2D seismic data has confirmed the continuation and presence of the salt beds that host mineralization throughout the Company’s property. Western Potash will continue to search for appropriate mineral properties to add to its potash portfolio.
Western Potash Corp’s intends to fully utilize the technical expertise of its Geological and Financial team to become the Premium Potash Explorer in North America.
Directors and Executives
Pat Varas CEO & Director
Buddy Doyle Geological Advisor & Director
Patrick Power Director
Dave Hodge Director
Troy Nikolai CFO & Director
Dean Pekeski VP Exploration
John Costigan VP Corporate Development
Ron Brown Technical Advisor
Shares Issued 107,636,383
Cash $32,500,000 (Jan 2009)
Our Competitive Advantages
- These adjoining Manitoba deposits encompass a combined resource of nearly one billion tonnes of ore grading.21.0-25.4% potash (with an estimated in situ value of $40 billion).
- Historic drilling on Western Potash’s property reveals Potash potential.
- Western Potash has a rare, highly leveraged opportunity to develop a prospectively world-class potash discovery.
- Global production is dominated by a tiny handful of major mining powerhouses. As a junior potash exploration/development company, Western Potash has very few peers in North America.
- 85% of Canadian potash mines are operating at or near capacity. There have been no new potash mines on the prairies in almost 40 years.
- Global potash production is at full capacity and new production is needed as demand begins to outstrip supply.
- Western Potash has a strong, proven management team and a large cash position.
- The Company benefits from exceptional regional infrastructure that makes for especially robust project economics.
- The U.S. border is a mere 55 kms to the south of Western Potash, providing easy access to the world's largest potash market.