Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Scarry,

I'm sure they continue to try hard and this is their latest estimate.  People want news, people want updates - for what purpose, so they can have something to grouse about?

Just like before, the good feeling of an update is quickly wiped out.  Would it have been if the stock had gone up a dime and stayed there?  Remember last night, I suggested Jack might be trading with a sell set at .39 - that's the kind of pop I thought we'd get, .03 or .04.  And just like clockwork, it faded during the day to lose back every half cent it previously gained!  I hope not many of us were involved in that initial price surge, but, if I had to guess...

The release was good.  Look, they could have said, "we've had to dial back on the expectations for the VCSEL, we just can't get it to work as theoretically possible.   I'm not exactly sure what they have right now on the commercial/technical continuum, but whatever it is, it's better than it was several months ago. 

Is what we have now commercial?  If so, highly or marginally profitable?  How likely is it we can improve the product such that it is not only commercial, but very profitable?  How long is that likely to take?

The kick in the teeth that I feel is from the marketplace and that's because my hopes are not in alignment with what the market thinks of Poet's prospects.  And my hopes are not nearly as high as many here.

NRE?  A large chunk (for example, the $40 million that FJ mentioned) would be a gift from the investment gods.  As such, that probably will not happen, but it is one of the upside elements of being a Poet shareholder!  But some $2 to $5 million chuncks of NRE along the way sure won't hurt anyone.

I was hoping for a better day today, but it will take really big and really unambiguous good news to get us out of the public offering doldrums.

New Message
Please login to post a reply