Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

FJ "I have been through the report and as far as I can tell the statements that have been made in the past regarding prototypes and how companies will require them in order to establish a business plan which will drive commercial production requirements in 2018 still holds true. I don’t see or recognize any statement which is a departure from that in the report."

If you look at the Investor Presentation (October 2016) on POET's website, on page 23 it states that the AOC is under "Longer Term (2018+), so this statement about 2018 is not new at all. I'm glad they stated 2018, and not 2018+. My understanding is that in 2018 the cables are commercially produced and delivered to customers and they start a revenue stream. A lot needs to happen before the cable is actually being sold. We had lots of discussions on the board in October about this when we saw 2018+ in the Investor Presentation.

There was confusion about whether the timeline for the AOC commercialization was delayed ot not. I'm not getting into that, but my point is that we knew of the 2018 timeline for the AOC in October, so this is not new. There were lots of posts about this, for example here is a link to one from Rainer where he stated on October 12 "we still have no clue why commercialization of the optical engine and the AOC would start in 2018 only". Many posts about that topic followed that I think.

http://agoracom.com/ir/POETTechnologies/forums/discussion/topics/675225-initial-thoughts-on-customer-presentation-re-aoc/messages/2114283#message

New Message
Please login to post a reply