Welcome To The Spider Resources HUB On AGORACOM

First Explorer at the "Ring of Fire" and presently drilling on the "BIG DADDY" Chromite/Pge's jv'd property...yet we were robbed

Free

One of the most troublesome experiences in investing in the juniors is that when the price goes up - it really goes UP - only to come crashing back to earth. As it travels north it takes so much will power to capitalize on those gains. In fact it is downright scary - because you think, "What if it just takes off and I have sold my shares already!" So, naturally we hang tight and keep them - not selling for fear of missing out. Soon however there is a lull in the news - time goes by and then the price falls back to the pre-news going rate!

So if one is smart, (I deny being such), you will do what Snug suggested here sometime ago (I am using Snug as an example as he expressed it so clearly) - have your number of shares and exit price predetermined as to when you will take some of your gain off the table ahead of time. For Snug I think he said he was going to take some cream around 35 cents. As I understand he will still have a sizable holding in case it does go higher.

That way if the price does go up but later falls he has some money to the good he would not otherwise have and he can buy even more shares at the lower price. Or if it goes up higher - he can then have significant benefit since he hadn't sold all of his holdings.

This is a very valid and may I suggest wise strategy. Now if I could only do the same all will be well.................

New Message
Please login to post a reply