Welcome To The Spider Resources HUB On AGORACOM

First Explorer at the "Ring of Fire" and presently drilling on the "BIG DADDY" Chromite/Pge's jv'd property...yet we were robbed

Free

What a Day!

posted on Sep 22, 2008 02:36PM

Has anyone - I mean ANYONE - ever experienced a market like what we are right now? We are entering unchartered - historical - financial times like none other. What does this mean for SPQ?

One thing that strikes me is this - if during the current drilling that is going on up in McFauld's Lake - strikes anything of significance in the precious metal line then we can be assured - as Jackie Gleason would say "To the moon Alice!"

I do not know what to make of what we are seeing in the markets other than rubbing my neck from a bad case of whiplash. Perhaps it is as Buffett noted a couple of years ago that the derivatives were weapons of mass destruction. The hens have come home to roost.

There is a spiritual side to all of this - human greed, hubris - has led us to a place of great uncertainity. We have forsaken the traditional values for the love of mammon - a price that many people - in fact all of us - will pay.

The more they fight in Washington the more the markets are going to punish the indecision. The market demands action yesterday. The market feeds on instant gratification - with the help of our computerized age it is in real time. Any time a politician spouts uncertainity about the US Dollar or the planned bailout - within seconds its effect is seen on the world market.

We are living through an epic changing time - a time for great reflection - not only on the bottom line but of who we are and how we ought to live our lives. More than anything our own personal greed has caused the mess we are in - such realization must be brought home to us from time to time. If nothing else it keeps us humble.

This is of course, only one person's opinion. When it comes to the market - I have learned that humility is the best defence - it has taught me that I know nothing - and I have been made a fool more times than I wish to admit.

I heard it once said, "The meek shall inherit the earth." Something Wall Street scoffed at until recent days. However, it sure seems that inheritance is at least Wall Street.

New Message
Please login to post a reply