Welcome To the WIN!!! St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM

Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Free
Apr 08, 2014 12:04AM
Apr 08, 2014 12:30AM
Apr 08, 2014 12:43AM
Apr 08, 2014 01:04AM
Apr 08, 2014 06:01AM
Apr 08, 2014 10:16AM
Apr 08, 2014 10:28AM
Apr 08, 2014 10:49AM
Apr 08, 2014 11:53AM
Apr 08, 2014 12:43PM
Apr 08, 2014 12:57PM
Apr 08, 2014 01:08PM

"Stewie - you always like to bold and respond. Please bold and respond to this: "I don't think sculpin's assessment of billions of dollars for a claim is even remotely realistic, and being that it would be based on potential value of the property, and the suit would remain 'open' until the value is determined, it is an entirely crazy proposition" Please Stewie...defend your leader's proposition."

First off, while it may be true in your world and you may simply be a follower of others, I can assure you I am following nobody.

While I am not a class action lawyer, I would tend to agree with you. I don't believe that there would be any place for the "future" value to be incorporated in any class action.

I do however think there may be a place for the assets of SLI to be protected for the shareholders and the company...it wouldn't be the first time assets become frozen until judgement is passed.

I also believe Lori and management have absolutely nothing to worry about in terms of class action. No class action law firm would take on a case that does not have a defendant that could pay any settlement or judgement. So it would be the regulators, government and/or authorities that would be the target of any class action if it were to happen and the damages claimed would be incredibly high as it always is. That seems pretty obvious to me.

What I would be worried about if I were connected to SLI is blow back.

Rest assured if a firm takes on a class action case they think they have a VERY winnable case. The reason for this is that firms would have to expend enormous amount of resources and social capital to see a case like this to the end...and they only recoup those costs if they win a settlement or judgement.

If there is a class action...you can be sure that everyone and their dog will be named in the claim from Canadian Securities to RCMP to MP's to the SEC, no doubt members of SLI past and present and possibly even entities like Stockhouse and Agoracom regardless how irrelevant they are to any damages claimed...it is normal to cast a wide net in order catch the biggest fish. The little fish get scared and start to turn on the bigger fish and the big fish in turn try to eat the little fish before they do as the net tightens...it's a beautiful thing to watch predators being devoured by their brethren in a classic every shark for themselves...those with the greatest strength, power and leverage stand a chance to survive relatively unscathed...those who are the weakest...Darwin takes care of those.

Like I said management and the BOD really have nothing to worry about as you can't take blood from a stone only a fool would try, but the day a class action axe falls I would start to worry. Those defendants will start to try and cover their assets by trying to show that they in fact did their jobs and reacted appropriately to the shareholders concerns over the years...Lori and the BOD in particular would become the most obvious scapegoat to be dressed in orange.

What do think? Interested in defending your leader to the end?...My guess is you would be the first to turn...the smallest in a free for all are usually the first to realize they will be devoured if they don't.

S.

Apr 08, 2014 01:47PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply