Aurelian Resources Was Stolen By Kinross and Management But Will Not Be Forgotten

The company whose shareholders were better than its management

Free

How about a National Mining School?

posted on Jan 08, 2008 01:13AM

I haven't seen anyone talking about where all the skilled workers are going to come from to run Ecuador's mining industry.   Instead of trying to tax something that doesn't even exist yet, why not grant exemptions for companies willing to contribute to a national mining school?

Each company can make a financial contribution, according to its means, and a school to teach the necessary technical and scientific skills can be set up.  Companies can offer on-site instruction, and earn to learn programs as part of the deal.  Scholarships can be awarded, football teams can be sponsored.... getting ahead of myself here. <g>

Not to worry if more people show up than there are immediate jobs.  Make it an export industry.   Why should Ecuadorans wash dishes in the States when they can earn top dollar roughnecking, drilling, blasting and so on, all over the world?  It's not like there's any lack of jobs out there, and think of the remittances!  Those are some pretty fat pay checks.

Ecuador needs to start thinking BIG.  They need to shake off this colonial mentality and start making a name for themselves in the world.  What better way to start than by offering the best trained, best motivated energy and mining workers the world has to offer?

Damn, if this message board had a table, I'd be pounding it right now!

ebear 

New Message
Please login to post a reply