Free
Message: News : Centamin Starts production Ahead of Schedule

News : Centamin Starts production Ahead of Schedule

posted on Feb 13, 2009 04:07AM

Centamin Egypt starts mining at Sukari

2009-02-13 08:15 ET - News Release

Mr. Josef El-Raghy reports

CENTAMIN EGYPT REPORTS MINING COMMENCES AT SUKARI GOLD PROJECT

Centamin Egypt Ltd. has commenced mining operations at the Sukari gold project in Egypt. Blasting operations have commenced with ore to be stockpiled ahead of the scheduled completion of the process plant in the second quarter of 2009.

The commencement of mining operations is a significant milestone for Centamin and for Egypt. Centamin is developing the first large-scale modern gold mine in Egypt on an owner-operator basis. Mining has commenced with an initial fleet of five CAT 785C dump trucks and a O&K RH120E excavator. A further delivery of five CAT 785C dump trucks and a second O&K RH120E excavator is scheduled for February in order to advance development activities throughout 2009.

Sukari gold project (background)

The Sukari gold project will be Egypt's first modern gold mine and has a current resource of 9.39 million ounces measured and indicated and 3.5 million ounces inferred. Ore will be hauled to the run-of-mine pad next to the processing plant and either direct tipped to the crusher or stockpiled for future reclaim at an initial throughput rate of four million tonnes per year.

Good Luck ,

elmacanuck

New Message
Please login to post a reply