Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

As a US Citizen, and a conservative by belief, I am not sure what the reaction will be in the investment community. Today I heard that the potential for an Obama win has been already factored in by the market. Has it? Who knows for sure.

Tonight it is reported here in the States that the Obama lead is shrinking fast. The feeling among some is that he is too inexperienced. Only 2 1/2 years as a a US Senator, of which he has been on the campaign trail running for the Presidency for 1 and a half years. Others are concerned with his previous associations with both domestic and off-shore terrorists. Which have firmly come to light in the past two weeks.

Regardless, it is my opinion ( and hope) that in the final analysis, it all will make relatively little difference even if he is elected. Due to the financial constraints which the US will find itself under, the massive social welfare spending programs which Obama has proposed will likely not materialize. At present the only thing holding the US$ so strong is that most other countries have fiscal problems equal to or exceeding the US.

How does this relate to Connacher?

The US is still going to require oil. Obama nor anyone else will be able to get us on to alternative automotive energy in even eight years should, Obama have two terms.

Who is the largest supplier of oil to the Us? Not Saudi Arabia. Not Iraq. Nor any other Mid Eastern nation. The answer is Canada!

Oil prices will go up eventually. The Canadians will be the major supplier to the Us. My only questions are, will Connacher survive long enough to get to the other side of the abyss? Even if oil drops to $45 or even $40 a barrell?

Brian

New Message
Please login to post a reply