Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free
Mar 11, 2009 02:33PM

"If you look at the energy sector most of the companies are reporting in Q4/2008 very good results. Did it make the difference for the share price performance? Not that much."

Yep ... great company but we're really swimming upstream here. I saw a TV special weeks ago and just caught another Internet story yesterday about Elkhart Indiana where unemployment's over 18% and they're having food drives to help feed 5000 people for a week. They had one major industry ... RV's. Also gasoline prices seem to be dipping.

Sorry guys looking for great optimism, but I still see much positive as Connacher is performing admirably in my opinion. Just treading water or backpedaling a little is an amazing feat in the current economic environment. No clarification about Alberta's economic assistance plan yet? I expected something by now, good companies with troublesome loans due to the economy are to be helped, or everyone will suffer.

Mar 11, 2009 05:55PM
Mar 11, 2009 07:07PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply