Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM

Connacher is a growing exploration, development and production company with a focus on producing bitumen and expanding its in-situ oil sands projects located near Fort McMurray, Alberta

Free

About three weeks ago, I warned that the efforts of Alberta to support the Alberta Oil Sands producers were anemic at best and perhaps even downright conspiratorial. It appears that this potential is increasingly coming to the fore as time progresses. The Alberta government frankly, got stupidly greedy with its royalty program and ham fisted with the way they abused certain early oil sands producers with "in force government agreed upon royalty arrangements", which then the government reneged on. (If the Government will disavow an agreement with one party, why should any think it will not do so with all parties.) The result is of course, a number of producers are concentrating their activity on Saskatchewan and BC. to the disadvantage of Alberta and its citizens. Anyone amazed?

Also, I warned that as the current economic forces worked their havoc, ultimately without governmental understanding for the oil sands current industry, it potentially would be allowed to die and bigger players would then swoop in to acquire the operating assets for pennies on the dollar in acquisitons out of bankruptcy. Of course, likely attendant with improved "royalty" programs for the surviving producers and new owners.

As for me, I do not like losing my investment! Do you? Do you live in Alberta? Do you care?

Brian

New Message
Please login to post a reply