Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free
Message: Re: Copper Fox Feasibility - Measured vs Inferred vs reality
Dec 26, 2012 11:06AM
Dec 26, 2012 11:19AM
Dec 26, 2012 12:41PM
Dec 26, 2012 01:03PM
Dec 26, 2012 01:11PM
Dec 26, 2012 01:12PM
Dec 26, 2012 01:24PM
Dec 26, 2012 01:26PM
Dec 26, 2012 02:15PM
Dec 26, 2012 02:33PM

I hope you are right Cbew and Vette. I've been meeting and working with a lot of mining engineers in Vancouver recently so naturally ask them about Schaft Creek (Galore, others), their take on valuations, mine planning, all sorts of stuff. Different opinions among them on some of the above, but I've been surprised that there isn't more excitement for magnetic imaging - I have heard that the drilling needs to happen to prove it up, and then it is all about economics.

At the AGM Elmer said that drills need to turn too (and that positive magnetic signatures "could" be iron ... although things have worked out on a 1 to 1 basis so far). That's why calling off the drills was odd earlier this year and I still think it is (imo), especially if Elmer says he hasn't been talking to Teck management but just the engineering folks. I hope there is some sort of master plan to all this, I'm just not as convinced it's all in the bag and a done deal yet. I think Teck is probably weighing this out, very seriously. Fording Coal almost sunk them and they had to get lots of help to survive it- yes, it makes lots of money now, but it was nearly a disaster.

So, just trying to provide a slightly different perspective, which happens to be where I'm at presently. I've met some mining community people in Vancouver who really like Schaft Creek; others know the story quite well and don't seem to think we are that special, and that has given me some pause to rethink how big and mindblowing the buyout will be (or not). Fortunately we'll have our answer in a few months when this is done :)

I have no doubt we're going to be bought out, and very hopeful Teck will take it all. Just a bit more muted in my expectations. And for all the optimism on the board I'm hearing more muted expectations from mining folks who've got decades of industry experience - this is despite my own little sales job on the greatness of Schaft Creek. Still hoping the most optimistic of us are right however, and we've stumbled on something very special that will pay bigger than many are expecting.

Stubbornly in until the end.

New Message
Please login to post a reply