Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

Those prices from Goldcorp do seem generous, I'd like those too! Will be interesting to see where support for gold is over the coming months. As others here have noted, below $1500 is not so attractive for numbers of gold deposits. For CUU, $1500 is still a good price.

Given the growing global population, we could be hitting some lows in prices here very soon before bouncing back up. Demand for metals is increasing, grades are decreasing, and environmental/social concerns are tightening. Might just be the perfect storm for some more metal highs in the next year or two.

On a completely anecdotal basis, almost every mining supplier and engineering company I have talked to the last half year have said mining business is slow (mining co.'s delaying orders, pushing plans out further, and sitting on cash). I heard the same thing today again from people at the CIM meeting (including talk of layoffs and the usual worries about the NDP in BC really killing the local industry). I wonder at what point there is a gap in production and there will be a mad scramble to bring projects online in a hurry.

YN - the whole landscape of oil pricing really is changing now due to natural gas in NA and other areas in the world. What a shift and we've barely begun it really.

End of Thursday night speculations :)

New Message
Please login to post a reply