Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

Unfortunately, it is corporate policy for senior management to not directly address an investor. Don Lindsay the CEO of Teck received my email and submitted the well thought out reply through their Investor Relations department. I think Teck is getting annoyed by me lol. Here is my exchange which I will share with the board:

Don Lindsay has asked me to respond to your questions.

1) In relation to physical bullion, Is Copper Teck's preferred investment within the Commodity space?

The advantage of a diversified business model is that we can look at a broader set of investment opportunities, and allocate capital to those with the best returns. Accordingly, investments in copper have to be considered against all other possibilities, including met coal, zinc, oil sands, and potentially in mineral commodities we are not currently involved in. We do like the market fundamentals in copper though. Over the next 10 to 15 years, we think the challenge for the industry to meet the global growth in demand will be great, leading to a tight supply situation and relatively strong prices. Capital constraints have to be considered though in allocating capital to potential opportunities.

2) In regards to Teck's Copper projects, what is your overall opinion of QB2 project?

QB2 is a world-class resource due to its exceptionally long life and low cost position. We have a 40 year mine plan in the feasibility study, having used only 44% of the resource, which suggests there is a high likelihood of a much longer life, or an expansion opportunity at some point. This optionality we believe is very valuable. The other key advantage of QB is that we have been mining the supergene resource for ~20 years, and have effectively pre-stripped the bulk of the hypogene resource. The result is that the mine will have a very low mine-life strip ratio, which results in the resource likely to be in the low half of the cost curve.

3) What is your overall opinion regarding the Schaft Creek project in B.C?

SC is a very promising resource but is not as far advanced as QB2 is at this point.

4) Do you view the Schaft Creek project as a strategic asset in Canada?

Any copper resources, or mineral resource for that matter, will be a strategic resource for Canada as the development of increasingly remote and lower grade resources in the world are required.

5) With physical bullion prices near all time lows, do you believe in the future the value of these metals will appreciate as the supply and demand fundamentals impact this movement?

The commodity market will always be cyclical, and the specifics of each commodity supply/demand balance need to be looked, but in general, yes. The big issues that are driving costs higher, including declining grades, more remote locations, and higher real labour costs are pushing costs higher, and higher prices will be required to sustain increasing global production demand.

Now that you have covered the bases with Dale and Don, hopefully you have got the message that I am the point of contact for investors.

New Message
Please login to post a reply