Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

Busy end of week and weekend, so haven't gotten around to a letter, but further to my sentiment I wanted to share an opinion from a fellow whose blog I follow by the name of Mark Turner. He runs a news letter called Inka Cola which tends to focus on South American junior (mostly) mining companies. He's a very bright, no nonsense guy, and not a pumper.

Anyway, I asked Mark what he thought of CUU as it's on a list of stocks in a table called the "copper basket". Though his opinion was brutally honest, I appreciated sharing his opinion with me.

The gist was, that Schaft Creek is a "low-grade waste of time" and it's cheaper for Teck to continue with care & maintenance than it would cost to leave. He also mentioned that management is living a "cushy" existence and won't do anything to rock the boat. I certainly agree with this latter part. Why hurry things along when you're making $300k per year doing what appears to be putting in time?

The caveat is that Mark readily admits he's never analyzed the stock in great detail. He doesn't think it's a project worth taking seriously enough to do so.

These are not my words or opinions obviously - although I think I do agree about management enjoying their cushy lifestyle that they've carved for themselves. I'm still hoping to see something positive from the optimization and have not sold a share from the beginning (going on 7 years now). Still I think it's good to be open to hearing all opinions, even if they're not shiny and optimistic.

If I have the time this week, I may draft up that letter, but some other work and personal matters have distracted me. If I do get around to it, I'm happy to share with the group.

New Message
Please login to post a reply