Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free

Here is an excerpt from one of his articles covering another company, but with a nice mention of Copper Fox. It's dated March/2021....

Golden Triangle

While most of the world’s silver is mined in Latin America and China, British Columbia should not be overlooked as a past and future Ag producer. The province is endowed with one of the richest mineralized regions on the planet, in the Golden Triangle of northwestern BC.

With over a century of mining history, the triangle has been the site of three gold rushes and some of Canada’s greatest mines, including Premier, Snip and Eskay Creek. Other significant and well-known deposits include Brucejack, Galore Creek, Copper Canyon, Schaft Creek, KSM, Granduc and Red Chris.

The Golden Triangle takes its name from a 500-km belt of mineralization, that stretches from the British Columbia-Yukon border in the north, to the town of Kitsault, just southeast of the port of Stewart, BC. The Kitsault area is historically associated with molybdenum and silver production.

When production started at Eskay Creek in 1994, it was the highest-grade gold mine in the world. The operation produced over 3 million ounces of gold at an average grade of 45 grams per tonne, and 160 million ounces of silver, at 2.2 g/t, before shutting down in 2008. However, the ore that has been left is valuable. A recent PEA shows a 4Moz gold-equivalent resource grading 4.4 g/t, which is quite high grade for an open pit.

Seabridge Gold’s KSM is considered the world’s largest undeveloped gold-copper porphyry deposit. It hosts 38.8 million ounces of gold and 10.2 billion pounds of copper in reserves, with an initial 44-year mine life production plan. The project spans four deposits: Kerr, Sulphurets, Mitchell and Iron Cap.

The Brucejack Mine commenced production in 2017 and at 16.1 g/t, is one of the highest-grade gold mines to have opened in recent years. The underground gold and silver mine has estimated reserves of 4.2 million gold ounces, and a mine life of 13 years.

Other large deposits/ mines worth mentioning include Schaft Creek, a joint venture between Teck Resources and Copper Fox Metals that hosts proven and probable reserves of 5.6 billion pounds of copper, 6Moz of gold and 52Moz of silver; and Red Chris, an open pit mine developed by Imperial Metals. Imperial opened the mine in 2015 and sold it four years later to Australian gold miner Newcrest, for $804 million. According to Imperial, Red Chris produced 71.9 million pounds of copper in 2019, 36,741 ounces of gold, and 133,879 oz of silver in 2019, and will keep producing until at least 2043.

Lately there has been a resurgence of interest in the Golden Triangle, with the excitement driven by:

• New road, power and port infrastructure built by the BC government
  • Receding glaciers revealing fresh mineralization
  • Improved relationships between mining/ exploration companies, the BC government and the region’s two First Nations groups
  • New technologies allowing geologists to gain a better understanding of the Golden Triangle’s complex geology

The rocks underlying the triangle host a variety of mineral deposits, including gold, silver, copper and molybdenum. Situated within the Sulphurets Hydrothermal System, known to host one of the world’s largest concentrations of metals, the Golden Triangle contains an estimated 188 million ounces of gold reserves, including 47.5 million in the highly certain proven and probable category; 1.2 billion ounces of silver with 214Moz proven and probable; and 55 billion pounds of copper of which 10B is proven and probable.

Geologists believe most of the mineralization was formed because of volcanism during the Late Triassic and Early Jurassic periods. Importantly, all the mineral deposits have one characteristic in common: they are all found near surface, at depths no greater than 2,500 meters. This allows for relatively easy access, especially with the help of receding glacial ice cover.

More here,

https://aheadoftheherd.com/dolly-varden-advancing-one-of-the-worlds-few-pure-play-silver-projects/

herbie1 

New Message
Please login to post a reply