Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

CUU own 25% Schaft Creek: proven/probable min. reserves/940.8m tonnes = 0.27% copper, 0.19 g/t gold, 0.018% moly and 1.72 g/t silver containing: 5.6b lbs copper, 5.8m ounces gold, 363.5m lbs moly and 51.7m ounces silver; (Recoverable CuEq 0.46%)

Free
Message: Dale Andres (Teck VP Copper Strategy) - Vancouver CIM lunch today

Anyone else going to hear Dale Andres today at the Hyatt? Talking about Highland Valley Copper and the ongoing expansion there (my guess is it will go well beyond the 15 years forecast). Of course I'd like to ask him some questions on Galore and Schaft, and how they fit into Teck's longterm plans to be a major copper producer.

http://www.cimvancouver.org/index.php?events

Event date: Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Speaker: Dale Andres, Vice President

Company: Teck Resources Ltd.

Bio: Dale Andres has over 20 years of experience of operations and project management in the base metals and gold mining industries. He has a degree in Mining Engineering from Queens University, beginning his career with Inco Ltd in Thompson, Manitoba in 1991. Dale joined Cominco Ltd in 1995 working at various underground operations including the Sullivan and Polaris mines, and subsequently in senior management roles at the Hemlo operation in Ontario and the Lennard Shelf operations in Western Australia after the merger with Teck in 2001. He was appointed General Manager, Underground Mines in 2004 with responsibility for Teck’s operating gold assets including the Hemlo and Pogo mines in addition to the Lennard Shelf and Pend Oreille operations. Dale was appointed Vice President, International Mining in 2006 before being appointed to his current role in 2008. His involvement with other large scale copper operations at a senior management level include the Quebrada Blanca and Carmen de Andacollo mines in Chile, the Antamina mine in Peru, and the Galore Creek and Mesaba projects in North America in addition to Highland Valley Copper.

Topic: Highland Valley Copper - Positioning for Growth

Abstract: From initial discovery of the Bethlehem deposit in the 1950's, through the consolidation of the Valley, Lornex and Highmont operations in the 1980's, and past impending closure previously scheduled for 2009, Teck's Highland Valley Copper operation has been a mainstay of the Canadian hard rock mining industry. And after 50 years of operating history, the future has never looked brighter for Highland Valley Copper.

Highland Valley Copper continues to be the largest copper mine in Canada and the current mine life extends to 2027. Major capital investment projects currently underway, including a $550 million mill modernization project, will both enhance production and provide renewal of processing equipment and critical infrastructure necessary for sustaining the mine as a world class copper producer.

Recent additions to the resource provide the potential for operations to extend significantly past the next 15 years. Highland Valley Copper is well set up to continue to be a leading supplier of high quality copper and molybdenum concentrates, possibly for many more decades to come.

Venue: Hyatt Regency Vancouver

Address: 655 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC

Cost: Branch member $ 40, Annual branch membership fee $ 15, Student $ 10

Registration cut-off: Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 12 pm

Doors open at 11:30

New Message
Please login to post a reply