Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Government official handover from Revemin

posted on Oct 03, 2008 04:14AM
Government official handover from Revemin
Friday, 03 October 2008
After several requests for workers in the mining, and termination of the contract, the Mibam decided to return control of the mine to the nation.

Natalie Garcia

The plant was passed to Minerven, which by now have control of the operations the company Bonanza Remevin Mining, located in El Callao, is now officially under the tutelage of the Venezuelan State. The reversal of the mining contract was made final on Wednesday, when the Ministry of People's Power for Basic Industries and Mining (Mibam) authorized CVG Minerven making facilities.

The president of Minerven, Luis Herrera, made jointly with the inspections caused his train managers. In this way the mine ceases to be administered by the Canadian consortium Crystallex, as demanded by the workers of this important facility in El Callao.

Through a press release now the administrator of the company reported that "since 1987 had as its main purpose Remevin processing queues Mocupia the mine, which was never fulfilled because they were devoted to processing gold from ore concessions Bonanza mine. "

During the ceremony attended reversal of workers and trade union leaders, who expressed concern about the future of their jobs. The president of Minerven explained the steps to follow and ensured that there is a way so that nobody is left out.

After clarifying Luis Herrera made a tour corroborating the status of plant and machinery, "to determine the condition and the role they fulfill in the future of mining processes."

The signing of the minutes of delivery was made at the administrative building by the outgoing company was the engineer Luis Hernandez, general manager and president of Minerven. From now on the mining is in state hands, thus meeting the management plan announced by the head of Mibam several months ago.
New Message
Please login to post a reply