Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

ven denied our permit, sanz statements pretty much wiped us out...the PPS reflects that the market thinks we're already done in ven and will get NO restitution....how much worse could it get?

Agreed, but........

Crystallex will never get the environmental permit. When Sanz announced the 2009 exploitation date, he was saying the decision we were anticipating and were told to be patient for had already been made. The concern as to why Ortega was still holding us up was now moot.

And the circumstances under which he made the statement tells us that the Russians have the inside track.

So what if anything did we do wrong?

It is obvious the decision to dump Crystallex was simply a political one, born out of fear that that U.S..is going to take out the Chavez government and made out of Hugo’s eagerness to wrap himself within the cloak of Russian protection. For that reason, I believe that Chavez holds no animus towards Crystallex and realizing that his action will cause “legal problems” (as relayed through his front man, Sanz) will settle with us.

Those in this forum who think Chavez will simply cancel the contract and throw us out are worrying needlessly. Chavez’s record in these matters are of compensation not expropriation. He was even willing to work the much hated Yankee Imperialist Dog, Exxon, so why would he cancel a contract with a good corporate citizen without making some offer of amends.

When Rusoro made the low ball bid of $1/share to Gold Reserve, I believe it was acting as a stalking horse for the Chavez regime. Chavez was testing the waters to see what he could get away with.

Using the good analysis of Dealbandit, $1/share for Las Brisas’ gold and copper is equivalent to $2/share for Las Cristinas’ gold.

So the absolute lowest bid that we will be offered is $2/share. But GRZ rejected Rusoro’s offer as a joke. Therefore it is likely that Chavez, knowing he has “legal problems,” will raise the bid just enough to dissuade shareholders from taking the long, drawn out route of international arbitration.

I think our long wait is just about over. Things are starting to pick up. I believe the end is near.

New Message
Please login to post a reply