Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Said I wouldn't but I did

posted on Jul 02, 2009 06:55PM

I sent a letter to our friend Roy Carson. I doubt he will publish it so I thought I would share it with you.

Dear Mr. Carson

I hope you don’t mind me calling you Roy because I feel like we know each other. I’m one of the Crystallex lunatics you like to refer to in you articles. I don’t expect you to publish this email but thought I would send it to you any way.

I first became attracted to the company Crystallex when I started looking for undeveloped gold deposits in the world that might hold considerable upside if gold prices took off. A quick internet search brought me to Crystallex and the amazing deposit in VZ.

I did a fair amount of research which included reading VHeadline and the articles you published. You have had many pro Crystallex stories over the years with speculation from time to time on when you believed the permit would be issued. You audio interview with Ricardo Gutierrez in late 2007 was sure encouraging for Crystallex shareholders.

My google search also brought up quite a few negative comments from different sites that thought you were nothing more than a shill for Crystallex. The stories suggested that Crystallex was a sponsor of your website. I don’t know if the accusations are true or not but I guess you could clear every thing up by telling us if they are true or not.

I noticed that when Crystallex stopped supporting your website the tone of your articles started to change. The accuracy of your stories and emails seemed to be falling farther and farther from verified reporting to more of a gossip column. You had Ortega being fired, her husband Ramon Carrizales being fired, both moving to ambassador posts, Sanz taking over for Carrizales and becoming the new Vice president, well you get my drift. Report after report turned out to be inaccurate. Without financial support from Crystallex you seemed to suddenly doubt that Crystallex would receive the environmental permit they needed to start construction.

I must say I started to doubt not only your integrity at this point but your motives. I really have no one to blame but myself for reading your pro Crystallex articles and thinking you had information that backed up my belief that eventually Crystallex would receive the go ahead to start the Las Cristinas mine. You were telling me things I wanted to hear and I didn’t check as hard as I should have to see if you actually knew something or you were just publishing stories looking for donations from readers who longed for positive information.

The final event that convinced me you were not a journalist now or even before when I wanted to believe what you wrote was your trip to Venezuela to bring your readers the real story on what was happening. I won’t bother to post excerpts from what you published because they are readily available on the internet. The one item that surprised me how low you had sunk was your interview with Guillermo Adrian. Adrian is a former employee of Crystallex in Venezuela but is currently employed by Rusoro Mining.

With the support of Agapov and Rusoro mining your suddenly became a champion of Rusoro much like you did when Crystallex was a supporter of yours. As I started to read your articles with open eyes I realise I had been duped by your support of Crystallex when in fact you nothing more than an ad writer trying to make a living.

Regrettably I haven’t been one of the people sending you nasty emails. Like I said earlier I have nobody to blame but myself. You did give me a moment of great joy when I watched your video interview with Agapov. I laughed so hard I started to choke as you directly him which way to turn his head so it would look better. If you ever decide to make a film someday I would love to go see it for pure comic relief.

Roy, I’m posting a link to an internet blog to show you that it isn’t just the Crystallex lunatics that appreciate your fine work. I give you full permission to publish this if you want. Here is the link:

http://lasarmasdecoronel.blogspot.com/2008/05/roy-s-carson-phd-in-bootlicking.html

ROY S. CARSON: A PhD IN BOOTLICKING

New Message
Please login to post a reply