Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

I also have shares in IRA and regular trading accts but none in ROTH at this time. From what I understand under Roth rules I would have to wait 5 years to withdraw without penalties since I am in my early 50's now , but the Roth option looks like a good place for both the regular and IRA shares (at least the regular shares). I'm guessing I will be close to 5 years older up to completely out of the withdrawl penalty phase/age by the time all this is over.

Now as far as changing your mind, would it be better to wait until 2014 to do the Roth transfer since it is only 4 months away?, or how/what will the value of the shares be assesed for tax to be paid to the ROTH is what I am trying to ask... The shares are worth .07 or .000 right now? Would they be worth more as soon as a judgement is made or would a value only be assesed if the MM's assigned a value if the stock relisted? Or do I have to pay Roth tax on my current basis?

I understand most of what Bear and all of you are saying about the ROTH option, If you have any opinions based on what I have written above, please respond TIA , Hondo.

GLTA.

New Message
Please login to post a reply