Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Reply: I looked into this also. One of the reqirements are the corperation that issued the stock is dissolved. Does the Crystallex corperation still exist?

Anyways there are many articles covering this topic.

See: IRS Tax Write-offs for Worthless Stock (Zacks)

http://finance.zacks.com/irs-tax-writeoffs-worthless-stock-2782.html

IMO, As of right now I think it's reasonable to declare these shares as worthless for tax purposes, even if a cooperation still exists. I would keep a screen shot of your trading acct that says your stock is worth zero. I would talk to a financial adviser to interpret the IRS language that defines a stock as worthless. I think your plan to offset your gain is solid, although there is a big tax break for homeowners. (When you sell your primary residence, you can make up to $250,000 in profit if you're a single owner, twice that if you're married, and not owe any capital gains tax.) I would also inquire as to how much filing gobbledygook would occur later if there was a reimbursement to KRY shareholders from a future settlement. GLTU HB

New Message
Please login to post a reply