Welcome To The Cypress Development HUB On AGORACOM

Cypress Development Corp. is a Canadian gold and base metal exploration company developing projects in Red Lake, Ontario, Canada, and in Nevada, U.S.A.

Free
Apr 14, 2009 12:47PM
Apr 14, 2009 01:49PM
Apr 14, 2009 02:23PM

Apr 14, 2009 08:31PM
Apr 15, 2009 03:04PM
Apr 18, 2009 02:13PM

Good evening all.

Me.. I am just a numbers man, sometimes right and sometimes wrong... so please check my math and decide for your self if it is any good or not.

Granite weighs approx. 2.7 gms per cu cm. and I have allowed 3 grams per cu. cm. for my model in case the rock is just a little heavier because of some unknown mineral content.

In order to have a tonne of the type of rock we would need to collect around 160 meters in length of this 2 inch core in my model. Seems like a lot so I will let you again check my math .

If my math is correct .. and by looking at the pictures I estimate that picture of the core at 2 in. diameter and maybe 4 inches in length... so then it will take an awful lot of pieces like this specimen just to make a tonne. Are we still in agreement with the picture so far ??

Now... if we could collect enough small pieces of gold, like we see in the picture from all this 160 meters of 2 inch core, to make one lonely disk of only 1/2 millimeter in thickness and 2 inches diameter just like that core size.. what would we now have????

My math says approx . 20 grams per tonne

So lets think that maybe , we could find enough to make it one millimeter thick and you could double that to 40 grams per tonne.

" I sincerely hope this puts a little perspective to the picture.""

Enjoy investing and let me know if I am wrong..

PS
Don't forget gold weighs 19.3 grams per cu. cm. as it is many times heavier then the granite rock...
Note . 25 sheets of computer paper equals a thickess around a 1/ 2 of a millimeter

Apr 21, 2009 11:07AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply