Welcome to the Electrovaya Hub on AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free

The waste rate on startup/rampup are high for the typical battery manufacturer.  Since Electrovaya has their own envirinmenally friendly process which is different from everyone else, I wonder how much less the startup costs will be?  I suspect substancially less.  Of course we may never know as Electrovaya is very close lipped when it comes to internal matters of that sort.. 

Jamestown is already in startup of sorts.  It is now assembling battery packs and soon will be assembling battery modules.  Last will come cell assembly.  My guess is that any startup losses will come with cell assembly.  I wonder if they will also start up the seperator line at the same time and when will they get to manufacturing the cathodes in the US?

Moving the cathode and seperator manufacturing to the US will put the Japaneese toll manufacturer out of the business  - OR - will it?  I am speculating a bit but that would be the perfect time to start up a cell production line in Japan be it go alone or a joint venture.  Just looking down the road a bit....

New Message
Please login to post a reply