Welcome to the Electrovaya Hub on AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free

Good question. I keep going back to read the latest conference call transcript. Towards the end, there was this question by Grahan Price and Raj's response (cut and pasted below). I don't understand the process well enough to know whether their "proprietary ceramic ionically conducting material" is liquid or solid.

Graham Price

Hi. good morning. Thanks for taking the question. I saw that you provided a little teaser for the Analyst Day, an update on the solid-state battery development. Just wondering, obviously I'm sure you'll save the details for the Analyst Day, but just what topics we should expect to be discussed and kind of frame -- what kind of details will be provided that day?

Rajshekar DasGupta

Yeah. So as a solid-state battery, we've been very quiet about it for quite a period. About a year ago, we took a different -- we changed some things in our research and development direction. Those changes have led to some positive outcomes. And one of the things we did was we started to make a proprietary ceramic ionically conducting material. And it's getting -- the idea was to make this in-house so that you could make the ceramic separator in-house at a better cost and more control.

And using third-party materials, what we found is the material that we're making in-house is significantly better than anything we can purchase. The separator is looking good. We've started actively reaching out to potential partners again after that hiatus. In fact, yesterday, we had a call with a major car company. And so we'll go over more details at the Battery Technology Day, but I'm pleased to see the progress that the team has made at Electrovaya Labs.

And towards

New Message
Please login to post a reply