Welcome To The Entrée Gold Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

A Premium Gold and Copper Exploration Company

Free
AGORACOM NEWS FLASH

Dear Agoracom Family,

I want to thank all of you for your patience with us over the past 48 hours and apologize for what was admittedly a botched launch of our new site.

As you can see, we have reverted back to the previous version of the site while we address multiple forum functionality flaws that inexplicably made their way into the launch.

To this end:

1.We have identified 8 fundamental but easily fixable flaws that will be corrected in the coming week, so that you can continue to use the forums exactly as you've been accustomed to.

2.Additionally we will also be implementing a couple of design improvements to "tighten up" the look and feel of the forums.

Sincerely,

George et al

Message: Possible reasons for IVN not to take up more ETG shares

Rio has taken up addition ETG shares to maintain its holding at 12.9%.

But there could be some compelling reasons for IVN/RF not to increase its share to maintain the percentage (~11%, compared to Rio 12.9%):
- I believe IVN did not retained the ROFR status.
- Maintaining the 11% does not really have any advantage for IVN during a TO of ETG, noting there are other major shareholders such as Caisse (9%), Directors and Management (8%), TD Asset (5%)....see ETG Corporate Presetation slide #8. And of course a band of us (say 20) "small" but die-hard shareholders (can add up to 2% easily).
- Since Rio holds 49% of IVN and has 8 of their directors in the 18 IVN BoD. It is not a sure thing that RF has the absolute power to swing this block. Besides, IVN may be gobbled up by Rio if the money is right for RF.
- If I were RF, I would come in as himself, or under some new entity for which he would have absolute control, (this fellow RF has big ego)and solicit support from other friendly entities.
- It interesting to note that, IVN is holding just an itsy bitsy amount above 10% which would be enough (if not we will walk in with our 2%)to make life miserable for Rio.
- Also, if a few major shareholders like Caisse and TD Assets are not happy with Rio hostile TO, they can form a block larger than 1/3 (if not then they can count on our 2%) to block any unwanted bid.
Just my musings for a Monday morning. Feel free to weigh in.
goldhunter

New Message
Please login to post a reply