Welcome to the Equinox Gold Hub On AGORACOM

Free
Message: Re: Something else to talk about besides financials...in response to an interesting

True, there's a lot of speculation there. I remember I had similar thoughts about CMM when I bought at $0.045. At that time, there was no real proof that CMM would ever become anything more than a pathetic little pennystock, but it did! I must admit that I often buy junior miners based on various factors, one of which is the locations of the mines. Being from overseas, all information available to me is what I find on the web.

Same story goes for NOT vs SPQ/KWG. SPQ being one of the shares in my portfolio that's pretty much break-even now, nothing more, nothing less. When I bought SPQ, there was no clear indication of the size of the chromium deposits, now there is and the stock still hasn't done much, but I strongly believe in its potential. Initially, I bought it (partly) based on its close proximity to NOT.

Lots and lots of speculation, but there is a reason why pennystocks are pennystocks... to me the entire junior mining sector is a bit like the dot com bubble. Many of them won't survive, probably more than 95%. So you need to make sure that you have some in the 5% category.

New Message
Please login to post a reply