Exploring for gold and base metals in the Abitibi Greenstone Belt

Abitibi has produced more than 180 M ounces of gold and more than 450 Mt of Cu-Zn ore to date

Free

Some of us have seen King Tut's death mask found by Carter in the 1920's. That one item contains 22.6 pounds of GOLD. It dates back to 1300BC, or roughly 3300 years ago. Other forms of GOLD currencies, and jewellery, date back even further, as a symbol of wealth and power. Look anywhere in the world, at any time through the past 5,000 years, and GOLD is present as a highly valued commodity. Even today, virtually every country in the world is accumulating GOLD reserves. There has never been enough GOLD to go around, and new deposits are becoming increasingly more sparse.
With that in mind, why is Explor trading at such a low price, given the 1,000,000ounces of GOLD at the Timmins Porcupine West deposit, and the methodical progress made to finance extraction of that GOLD from the Central Pit area??
The fact is, the entire GOLD sector, and mining generally, are way off their highs. Even mining deals spending millions on carefully placed ads, and endorsed by well known newsletter writers promoting their stock are going nowhere. With all due respect to the 'summer doldrums', the severity of the impact on the whole sector is unprecedented. Follow the money, and most is tied up in marijuana, blockchain, and cryptos. All three types of investments are in varying levels of uncertainty, dependant on politics, and banking institutions, both notorious for serving themselves, and their confederates. Where I saw reference to these three types of investments at 5% of my 200 daily e-mails a year ago, today, that has escalated to 75%! The media, even commodities based programs, are focussed almost exclusively, on these 'classes' of investments, rather than traditional mining ventures.
I've been cautioned to avoid any attempt at predicting GOLD, or any other commodity prices down the road. Frankly, could any one of us, given current circumstances?? What I do know is that prices have always recovered. It's the 'when' part that has even the most seasoned of us completely baffled. In the meantime, my confidence in Explor has not waned, and I picked up more to average my growing position.

New Message
Please login to post a reply