Falcon is a global energy company with projects in Hungary, Australia & South Africa

Developing large acreage positions of unconventional and conventional oil and gas resources

Free
Apr 15, 2009 06:04PM
Apr 15, 2009 06:05PM
Apr 15, 2009 06:06PM
Apr 15, 2009 06:12PM

Apr 16, 2009 09:26AM

Apr 16, 2009 02:43PM

>Where is the oil now?

The general consensus is that the Mako trough was the source for the oil in the Algyo and Pusztaföldvár oil & gas fields. John Gustavson also mentioned this in the July 2007 conference call:

"Its important to realize that when I started this whole program in 1997, 1998 I saw the Mako trough as being the kitchen so to speak, the source rock kitchen, for all the oil and gas fields around the Mako trough and in ensuing years thanks to Falcon and Marc Bruner’s activities in actuality we also determined that there was a giant BCGA that you all have heard about. So first the BCGA was indeed confirmed with some of these wells. Now just recently it was announced by Falcon in a press release that in the Endrod in the Magyarcsanad well natural fracturing in the Endrod actually had provided unstimulated flow of both oil and gas. To me this was basically the fulfillment of dream that now we were indeed in kitchen, we were indeed at the place where oil and gas were generated."

Another expert (Dr. Csanád Sajgó) in the Pannonian Basin doesn't seem to agree:

"The most important Hungarian oil pools are located around the Makó-Hódmezovás... trench. Twenty-five oil samples have been studied from that area. The distributions and relative quantities of alkanes and isoprenoids (C18–C20), steranes, triterpanes and aromatic steroid hydrocarbons were examined by gas chromatography and computerized gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. On the basis of biological marker compositions, the oils have been divided into three genetic groups and ranked in order of maturity. According to the investigations the major part of the oils is not derived from the above-mentioned trench as it was supposed before."

Of course if Dr. Sajgo is correct, then liike you said, where did it go?

New Message
Please login to post a reply