Falcon is a global energy company with projects in Hungary, Australia & South Africa

Developing large acreage positions of unconventional and conventional oil and gas resources

Free

Beetaloo

posted on Oct 31, 2009 02:38PM

I've noticed that nobody has mentioned anything about Falcons new Beetaloo presentation. I assume that's because everyone is so excited about South Africa they forgot about it :)

Anyway, I took a good look at it, and thought I'd mention a few interesting observations in case there is anyone out there that might actually be interested.

The first Ryder-Scott report said this:

"Falcon plans to re-enter the Shenandoah #1 and deepen it to the Bessie Creek Sandstone at a projected depth of 3,250 meters"

The new presentation also says the same thing:

"Plan: Deepen Shenandoah #1 to Bessie Creek (3250M) in 2009"

And yet on the next page of the presentation, it says "TD 2714M"

So, for some reason, they have once again stopped short of drilling the well to the original planned depth.

The first Ryder Scott report also said this:

"In this report, the Moroak and Bessie Creek Sandstones, at depths greater than 1,500 meters, are classified as indirect BCGA"

The Falcon news release said this:

"From 1500M to 2714M in the Shenandoah 1A-the entire section is gas bearing (Lower Kyalla, Moroak and Mid Velkerri)—this confirms the BCGA"

Wait a minute....how do gas shows alone confirm a BCGA?

Ben Law defines a BCGA as “an abnormally pressured, gas-saturated accumulation in low-permeability reservoirs, lacking a downdip water contact.”

Back to the new Ryder Scott report:

"High mud-log gas readings and high resistivities were also observed from the top of the Moroak Sandstone (1,718 meters) down to approximately 1,806 meters at which point both the gas readings and log resistivities dropped. Preliminary log analyses suggest the possibility of a gas/water contact at that point and the possible existence of a conventional gas accumulation in the Moroak Sandstone in the well."

So how does a possible conventional gas accumulation with downdip water contact prove the existance of a BCGA?

A little confusing I'd say. The news release makes it sound like the drilling results confirmed what was expected, and yet if you look at what's in the news release and presentation, it seems to be just the opposite.

New Message
Please login to post a reply