Nixon Fork Gold Mine Hosts Turn Key Mine Operation

NI 43-101 indicated resource of 128,500 ounces and inferred 74,600 ounces of gold

Free
Message: Timothy G. Smith Joins Fire River Gold as Vice President, Operations

Timothy G. Smith Joins Fire River Gold as Vice President, Operations

VANCOUVER, May 12, 2011 -- Fire River Gold Corp. (the "Company", "FAU") (TSX.V: FAU) (OTCQX: FVGCF) (FSE: FWR) wishes to announce that Timothy G. Smith has been appointed as Vice President, Operations. Mr. Smith has over 32 years' experience in the mining industry. He graduated from McGill University with a Bachelor of Engineering, Metallurgical, and has worked in copper, coal, gold, lead and zinc operations throughout the U.S. Prior to joining Fire River Gold, Mr. Smith was V.P. of U.S. and Canadian Operations with Apollo Gold where he led the mine start up and mill expansion of the Black Fox Mine located outside of Timmins, Ontario. He was also General Manager of the Montana Tunnels polymetallic mine outside of Helena Montana. Mr. Smith was Operating Manager at Red Dog Mine in Alaska, with Cominco, for 7 years. His operating experience also includes work at the Sullivan (lead/zinc), David Bell (gold), Bullmoose (coal), Afton smelter (copper) and Similco (copper) mines. He is a professional engineer, registered in B.C., and holds dual U.S. and Canadian citizenships.

Richard Goodwin, President and COO, states: "I am very pleased to welcome Tim Smith to Fire River Gold Corp. as our Vice President of Operations. Mr. Smith's qualifications and extensive experience in mining will be a tremendous asset to the Company and his hands-on approach to operations will help us through our start-up."

(signed)

Richard Goodwin President & C.O.O.

New Message
Please login to post a reply