The WORLD'S Purest SILVER Producer

ONE COUNTRY, ONE METAL

Free
AGORACOM NEWS FLASH

Dear Agoracom Family,

I want to thank all of you for your patience with us over the past 48 hours and apologize for what was admittedly a botched launch of our new site.

As you can see, we have reverted back to the previous version of the site while we address multiple forum functionality flaws that inexplicably made their way into the launch.

To this end:

1.We have identified 8 fundamental but easily fixable flaws that will be corrected in the coming week, so that you can continue to use the forums exactly as you've been accustomed to.

2.Additionally we will also be implementing a couple of design improvements to "tighten up" the look and feel of the forums.

Have a great Sunday, especially those of you like me that are celebrating Orthodox Easter ... As well as those of you who are also like me and mourning another Maple Leafs Game 7 exit ... Ugggh!

Sincerely,

George et al

Message: Update: First Majestic Silver Up 5.6% Despite Q1 Loss, Closes Primero Acquisition
2018-05-10 12:53:02 PM ET (MT Newswires)

12:53 PM EDT, 05/10/2018 (MT Newswires) -- (Updates with acquisition close; adds detail on quarterly result; updates shares.)

First Majestic Silver (FR.TO) was up 5.6% despite reporting a larger-than-expected first-quarter loss as its Mexican mines tapped lower-quality ores and it closed its US$320 million acquisition of Primero Mining (P.TO).

The company, which operates six silver mines in Mexico said its adjusted loss per share fell to US$0.06, compared to an adjusted profit per share of US$0.02 in the first quarter of 2017. Analysts polled by Capital IQ were expecting an adjusted loss of US$0.02 per share. Its net loss wasa US$5.6 million, compared to a US$2.7 million year prior profit and revenue fell 15% to US$58.6 million,

All-in sustaining costs rose 31% to US$16.01 per silver equivalent ounce, within the company's 2018 guidance range of US$15.70 to US$17.50 per SEO.

First Majestic also said it closed its acquisition of Primero Mining, to add the San Dimas mine in Mexico. It said Primero's shares will be delisted within three business days.

First Majestic shares were up $0.45 to $9.25 at last look on the Toronto Stock Exchange. The shares have dropped 18% over the past 12 months.

Price: 9.27, Change: +0.47, Percent Change: +5.34

New Message
Please login to post a reply