Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

OT: What drives Sinclair nuts.

posted on Jun 30, 2008 03:39PM

Hello Agora/ECU Goodfellows:

This is my first post over here as I have not posted anywhere for some time after SH got obnoxious and disinformative. I have been watching this board, though, from the start and wish to add my thanks to GWR for his AGM recap this week and Argoz for his calculations which have been very encouraging; also my thanks to Coach for all always, and to every other poster here for their contributions.

In the discussions here over the last couple of weeks on naked shorting, I have often been tempted to chime in and point out that in ECU's case, the close seems to always be supported, most often by a couple of small trades through E-Trade. This has the effect of helping the volume internals stay positive/growing, especially the Accum/Dist. This being the case, it has felt to me for some time that the bashers over yonder are actually working for a group that is friendly to ECU and in fact wants to kick the psyche of the less informed retail investors to smithereens as a way to encourage them to sell while the bashing group actually buys into ECU's falling prices, slowly and always. Nasty business.

The other kind of basher just wants to hurt a stock for the sake of it, or for a grudge, etc. Tonight's closing of Sinclair's TanRange is a clear example of grudge selling. TNX.TO today closed at 3:59 at 4.90, off 1.61% with the day's low at 4.82. At 16:10, TD Securities sold two 100 share lots at 4.41 and Credit Suisse sold 2,200 shares at 4.41 also, all trades at 16:10. Those trades at 16:10 in Canada were down 10% from the 3:59 official closing and a full 8.5% below the day's theretofore low of 4.82, and were also a mere 1 cent above the 52 week low for TNX.TO. Also, TNX.TO now shows a loss of 11.45% on the day in Canada. (StockCharts as at this writing is still showing the 3:59 close for TNX.TO at 4.90, while Yahoo and the TSX show the 4.41 close and additional volume).

On the Amex (in the US), TRE closed off 2.87% at 4.73. And they say that is not illegal in Canada?? Hard to understand.

Two conclusions:

1) Buy ECU the more they try to put fear in your hearts at SH.

2) TNX.TO is probably a great buy on the opening tomorrow in Canada anywhere under say 4.80. Given that Tan Range's Amex volume is some 4 times that of its TSX volume, the chances for a sharply higher open in Canada tomorrow is high, IMO, if only for the arbitrage trade.

Thank you all for listening.

davi08.

(disclosure: I own both TNX.TO and TRE)

New Message
Please login to post a reply