Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

On July 6, 2007, The Securities and Exchange Commission eliminated the "Up-Tick Rule" for shorting stocks.

I believe that this factor was integral to the shorting of mining equities by the hedger's, etc....especially for small cap stocks and low float stocks.

If one looks at the chart of SSRI, one sees that the SSRI:$Silver ratio was 2.82 on July 6, 2007. SSRI was trading at $36.01 with a silver price of $12.76.

As of Friday, August 19, 2011, SSRI closed at $25.45 with a silver price of $42.90. the SSRI:$Silver ratio has fallen all the way to .59, within spitting distance of the late 2008 low for the ratio of .58.

As with 911 and WTC7.....I think that there is a strong possibility that the elimination of the "Up-Tick Rule" was done by somebody with ulterior motives.

Could the collapse of 2008 have happened with the "Up-Tick Rule" still in place? I highly doubt it.

Could the suppression of the mining shares since 2007/2008 have happened with the "Up-Tick Rule" still in place? I highly doubt it.

Could AUMN have been shorted down since the merger announcement with the "Up-Tick Rule" still in place? I highly doubt it.

I've never trusted my elected officials less than I trust them this very moment.

New Message
Please login to post a reply