Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

During this lull, since we are all trying to glean any information that will even give us a hint at where to invest our measly pile of marbles, cash, gold, silver, commodities, bonds etc., or….gold/silver stocks…perhaps this tidbit from Martin Armstrong will embolden our convictions that the PM/JPM sector is not such a bad place to be. (Martin seems to think that the Europeans may be tempted to sell off their gold reserves to help pay off their debts. Far be it from me to disagree with him, but everything I have read about the Europeans with their tattooed legacy from the events of the last century, I do not think that will happen, except maybe for the most desperate and smaller failed economies…stimulated by stealth of the most powerful states of Europe…with the US Banks ready to pounce on a flinch.)

It still filters down to the PM/JPM stocks as excellent holdings, most markedly those in safe jurisdictions such as Canada, Mexico, some of SA, Australia, US ?, some of Africa.

With the dramatic recent criminal failure of futures trading at MF Global the whole picture is now changing as per Martin’s take.

Martin Armstrong:will gold be confiscated?Nov. 22/11

http://www.martinarmstrong.org/economic_projections.htm

Excerpts…

What good is gold or cash as a hedge if it was at MF Global? What about any bank for that matter? Trading futures has been based upon the confidence that the exchange stood between all parties. The disgraceful confiscation of all assets at MF Global and the refusal to honor the client segregation of funds from those of the brokerage house is beyond belief…The problem with MF Global, nobody has stepped up to buy the firm so they could not hide the taking of client’s money…

Numerous people have written how their funds are frozen at MF Global and may be for a very long time. So what good is cash or gold if it is in New York? We need an old world private bank where they do not lend out your money or sell it behind your back in REPO, and you pay a fee for them to be the custodian. But they can’t even be a Fed bank because the money is still electronic and can be confiscated with the push of a button.”

“…Any confiscation of gold will not be to create a monetary system, but to simply grab wealth to fill the pockets of the bankers…when faced with holding government bonds, *stocks will on the rebound become ONE of the means to secure wealth. Some people will buy gold – but NOT everyone does the same thing.”

(* I am presuming this includes PM stocks.)

New Message
Please login to post a reply